- Skiathos has many wonderful beaches, plenty of greenery, picturesque landscapes, excellent tourist infrastructure and warm, hospitable people.
- Festivals, local celebrations and important cultural events take place on the island throughout the summer. Music concerts, theatrical performances, movie screenings and evenings with traditional dances and songs entertain and bring tourists with the islanders.
- Skiathos Town (or Chora) is the capital of the homonymous island and attracts all the commercial and tourist traffic of the island. It has many modern hotel units, restaurants, bars, shops, banks, medical care and serves thousands of tourists every summer. Here is the port and airport, 4 km from Skiathos Town.
- From here starts a coastal road that passes through most of the organized coasts and tourist resorts of the island. Skiathos Town was built about 200 years ago, in a traditional island style with influences from Pelion architecture. Small white houses with tiled roofs, balconies and courtyards draped in flowers make up the picturesque neighborhoods of Skiathos Town.
– Papadiamantis Street is the main street of the city where there are many tourist shops and the home of the great skyscraper Alexander Papadiamantis, who serves as a museum. On the pine-covered Bourtzi peninsula, the ruins of the Venetian fortress built in 1207. Impressively, Bourtzi divides the port of Skiathos into two. At the new commercial port where the old passenger boats anchor in the old, with the fishing boats and boats making their way around the island and anchoring in hidden harbors, on the island of Tsoukria with its dreamy beach and stunningly beautiful beaches in the sea.
– The place is plenty of churches. The most interesting of them are: the temple of the Three Hierarchs, where the miraculous icon of Our Lady of Iconistras or Kounistras is preserved, with a stunning iconostasis, the Church of Our Lady of Limnia, whose narthex is also preserved Papadiamandis and the church of Agios Nikolaos with its famous clock.
– Coming out of Skiathos Town there are small and large sandy beaches, especially cosmic and lively, which are suitable for swimming and water sports: Bourtzi, Plaka, Kochi, Megali Ammos. Every summer night Skiathos Town turns on its lights and celebrates. Everybody here, from every corner of the globe, becomes a great company to spend the night and have fun.
– The party starts at the traditional taverns with their wonderful, island cuisine and sophisticated little bars on the narrow streets and culminates in the big seaside clubs with frantic fun until the morning.
- Megali Ammos it is a calm and safe beach, suitable for families with young children. Extensive golden sand leads to shallow, crystal waters. Across the beach there are umbrellas, sun loungers, water sports equipment, traditional taverns with delicious local cuisine. The transport is very tactical. From Skiathos island you can travel in any direction and get to know all thewonderful beaches of the island. The best known of these are:
• Koukounaries (Pine cones). A beautiful, pine-covered coast that has a reputation for attracting tourists from all over the world. Cosmopolitan resort with all kinds of amenities. It has very fine and glittering sand, clear blue waters and a lot of dew.
• Dome. Picturesque beach with dome-like islet. It has clear turquoise waters that shade thepines that reach the sea. Popular and perfectly organized.
• Bars The magnificent rocks – arches that made Skiathos famous. It is only accessible fromthe sea when there is snow.
• Vassilias sandy beach, southwest of Skiathos with well organized beach. • Banana (small and large). Old nudist beach that attracts especially young people. The pine trees reach the sand and give coolness and calm.
•Bromolimnos. Beach at the western end of Cape Kalamaki, characterized by its calm crystal clear waters and fine sand. It is a cosmopolitan beach especially popular with young people with water sports equipment. Next to the beach there are many taverns, cafes and a Beach Volley stadium.
• On the east side of Cape Kalamaki there are three bays: Kanapitsa, Sklithri and Tzaneria. They are small, hospitable and idyllic, with crystal clear waters, plane trees and stunning views. Kanapitsa is a highly developed beach and hosts all kinds of water sports.
• Pears. A beautiful and fully exploited coastline offering all the possibilities for water sports. • Mackerel. Lacy beach, clear water organized beach.
• Resource. A beautiful, sandy and organized beach.
Best Price Quarantee
Book Directly On Our Website
Philian Hotels & Resorts